June 18, 2006
The Decemberists, Richard’s on Richards, Vancouver, CBCRadio 3 Concert, 11 February 2004
I am busy (well, I'm supposed to be busy but mostly I'm procrastinating) writing a paper on art forgery and I figured that the most appropriate soundtrack would be one consisting of songs filled with rakes, rogues and rapscallions and spies, soldiers, and saboteurs. And who could provide the ballads and hymns required? Why, The Decemberists of course!
So here they are, from a pre-"Picaresque" performance in Vancouver. It was recorded by those beneficent gentlemen and affable ladies at CBCRadio3. The full performance seems to have been removed from the site but an article and several of the songs can still be found in the CBC3 Magazine archive.
Until next week, I bid you adieu.
The Decemberists, Richard's on Richards, Vancouver, CBCRadio 3 Concert, 11 February 2004
1) Shanty for Arethusa.mp3 (5.24 MB)
2) Billy Liar.mp3 (3.98 MB)
3) Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect.mp3 (4.06 MB)
4) Walkmen tour talk.mp3 (0.7 MB)
5) The Engine Driver.mp3 (3.91 MB)
6) Leslie Anne Levine.mp3 (3.79 MB)
7) being recorded talk.mp3 (0.5 MB)
8) The Soldiering Life.mp3 (3.57 MB)
9) The Chimbley Sweep.mp3 (4.37 MB)
10) Los Angeles, I'm Yours.mp3 (3.92 MB)
11) The Legionnaires Lament.mp3 (4.16 MB)
12) A Cautionary Song.mp3 (3.45 MB)
If that doesn't fulfill all your live Decemberists needs, you can still find my recording of a recent Toronto concert here (the full set is on rapidshare).